C-1003 SOS Distress Light, Flag & Whistle
Legally Never Buy Flares Again! Complete compliance kit! Fulfills USCG Night, Day, and audible distress signal requirements.
Compare with two-color C-1002 eVDSD and C-1004
Our new and improved eVDSD SOS C-1003 Beacon is redesigned from our original replacement pyrotechnic flares, the wildly successful model C-1001 (discontinued).
Powered by a high-performance, programmable microprocessor controlling an SOS flash pattern signal flashed through an even brighter and more potent LED, our Sirius Signal SOS C-1003 model is both family-safe and easy to use. Our optical design provides an omnidirectional light display for surface rescue craft and a vertical beam visible to aircraft flying overhead. Improved flotation now even higher off the water, is visible up to 10 nautical miles, and the SOS C-1003’s beam lasts for hours compared to the minutes-long lifespan of traditional pyrotechnic distress.
Fulfills carriage of all Coast Guard Compliant Visual Distress Signal (VDS) requirements (46 CFR 175.130) for recreational marine vessels 16 FT AND OVER signals when combined with our included Distress Flag. (A quality marine whistle is included to fulfill USCG audible signal requirements.)
Proudly made in the USA. Your purchase keeps Americans working!
Finally, a family and environmentally safe replacement for the antiquated pyrotechnic visual distress flare!
US Retail Shipping:
- $6.95 for orders under 1.5 lbs
- $11.95 for orders over 1.5 lbs ($17.95 for Alaska)
- Free shipping on orders over $500
Retail Shipping (International):
- International orders are sent via the United States Postal Service. The rate will be calculated at checkout.
- Rates do NOT include import taxes, fees and customs deliveries (hereafter, “Import Fees”)
- Don’t be surprised. Recipients of international shipments may be subject to import taxes, fees, and customs duties (hereafter, “Import Fees”), levied by the customs office of your shipping destination. Import Fees vary according to the customs regulations of the destination country. Components that play a role in Import Fee calculations are (among others): Product category and price, shipping costs and package weight, customs clearance channel, import taxes based on custom duty amounts. Customs policies vary widely, and some countries don’t charge Import Fees for shipments that fall below a minimum value. Contact the customs office of the destination country for more information.
Case size: 15 units
- Flashes USCG spec SOS signal for up to 60 hours
- Runs four times longer than USCG requirements
- Daytime orange distress flag included to fulfill daytime signal requirement
- Quality marine whistle included to comply with USCG audible signal requirements
- LED power: 75 candelas
- Switch design: self-cleaning twist-on
- Accidental switch activation protection
- Requires 3-C alkaline batteries — included
- Batteries user replaceable
- Lanyard included
- CE (European Union compliant) RoHS compliant
- 4.5″ x 4.5″ x 8.5″ (height)
- Weight without batteries: 0.41 lbs
- Weight with batteries: 0.8 lbs
- Shipping weight (with packaging): 1.7 lbs
- SKU: SSDC1003-W
- US Patents
- UPC: 852110006355
C-1003 eVDSD DEVICE REGISTRATION
Proudly made in the USA. Your purchase keeps Americans working.
(complies with the “Buy American Act” – may contain imported components)
C-1003 Battery Change